Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #6 Mash Ups and Third Party Sites


Ohh!! The things I can do. What amazing applications for the classroom. I will definately use the applications from mash ups. I especially liked the mappr and the moasic maker to use for teacher created materials. I even created my own trading card for my family. Creating trading cards for classroom use will be a wonderful way to reinforce community involvement as well as reinforce vocabulary and concepts. I can tell that I am going to need a more comfortable chair next to my computer...I have a lot of exciting creating to do for my classroom. This is the part of teaching that I love.

4 comments:

Felipe Magalhães said...

Hi honeeeeyy...
I am teacher too...but in Brazil...I used to teach children too, but I got upset because some old teachers tried to represse because of my age or something...but I was doing a good job...can we exchange some ideas??...see ya

nancym said...

Hi! You are today's recipeint of my daily random response. It sounds like you have a very interesting life with all the moving and traveling. I teach 5th grade and loved the mosaic maker too. I see tons of ways to use it in class. Story starters, sequencing activies, concrete models...I think you'll love the image makers coming up at about Task 10. Have a great summer.

Susanna said...

Great trading card. Lovely family. You have reminded me that I should be shopping for a more comfortable computer chair

Mrs. Davis said...

I love the trading card! Neat idea! I was planning to use photos of my students, but having them bring in one of their family during the summer would be great. Thanks for sharing that.